Sudden Unexpected Death in Infancy (SUDI) is a term that describes the death of an infant which was not expected. SUDI captures both unexplained and explained causes of death during a baby’s first year of life that are unexpected.
In New Zealand,more Māori and Pacific babies die from SUDI than for other ethnic groups. This online learning programme is an initial step to help you develop the skills needed to work with whānau and make positive behaviour changes to reduce the risk of SUDI.
The course is free and suitable for all those who currently work in the community to improve the health of families, especially with māori.
You will need a user account before starting.
1. Please click on 'create new account' in the User login box to the left
To create an account without an email address please click here
2. Fill in the Login Details, Personal Details, Contact Details and Work Details.
3. Click the 'Create New Account' button at the bottom of the screen.
4. An email will be sent to you- click on the link in the email.
5. Set your password as instructed.
6. Once logged in using your email and password, go to the SUDI Online Workshop course.
7. Click the 'Add course to cart' on the right hand side
8. You can now start the course.
You can leave and come back to course whenever you like, it will be in your 'My Courses' page.
Once you've completed the quiz, your certificate is available in the 'My courses' area as well.